We decided to go for a drive today and what a beautiful drive it was. We headed to Burney Falls which is 40 miles away from where we are. We decided to make every other day a car trip day, just to the girls don't feel trapped all the time.
Me and My Girls
Overlooking the entire set of falls.
Bryce enjoying the beautiful view.
Bryce by Burney Creek
More Falls!


I wanted Bryce to climb into this little tree, but she wouldn't. Chicken!!!
We went into the General Store there by the falls to just look around and we had a great laugh about this bottle of wine.
I am thinking that black is a wonderful color for Kendall.
I think that moss growing on tree's is so beautiful.
More of the creek

Bryce was very nervous about walking over this bridge. Silly girl!
Can you feel the cold water?



After seeing the beautiful falls and taking a little walk around the grounds, we had a picnic lunch. Daddy did a great job packing it and thought of everything. It was a little cold in the shade, but it was the perfect lunch.
We had a nice drive home and looked at a few other little town, then the sprinkles started again. Then the sprinkles turned to a pretty big storm. It moved through pretty quickly. It was done by the time that we got home. As you can see, Alan is in Heaven, glass of Red and getting his pole ready for the morning.
Bryce loves that she can go pick berries everyday. Today this was the little handful that she picked off of the Raspberry bush.
So, if you were paying attention to what I said earlier, you would remember that I said, the storm got pretty big, well it was big enough that it knocked the electricity out. We had stopped by the market on the way home and I was putting the grocery's away and I noticed the light was out in the fridge. Then we saw the clocks were out, we didn't need the lights because it was still light out. We found candles and flashlights just to be ready if needed, and then we waited, and we waited. I then started getting nervous that the power was not going to come back on and what about all the food we just bought (food is a lot more money up here). I sent Alan to the little store to get some ice and we decided to get out the important things and ice them in the sink. Thankfully, an hour later the power came back on with a cheer. All the food made it!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment