Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Playing with Play Dough!

Friends are there for each other and since we usually have a Wednesday play date, having sweet Brynn to play was, normal! We Mommies are in party mode and every second is spent trying to prepare. Plus Kendall is still snotty and we don't want to share that with the Birthday boy, or anyone else. We were blessed with getting to have Brynn come play with us. We were sad that it was not a normal Wednesday play date, but it was for the best. But then again look, it was a play date, on Wednesday, just the Mommies were not involved.

On this lovely day in August that we have not had to turn our air on, let the play dough fun begin!!!

They cut... ...they shared! They smelled that childhood comfort! The rolled!!! ...and pressed!
Cut some more! Made shapes Cut some more.
...and rolled, again! I think that you could say, it was play dough happiness, times two! Did you know that my Boyfriend turns one today! I know that I should be watching my figure for him, but I just love to eat. With all my new moving around, that should burn some calories. When I asked the girls what they wanted for lunch, the both replied, skewers. So, that is what they were served, along with a turkey and cheese sandwich. We love healthy eaters.
This is a very funny story! The UPS man brought us a box today, I looked at with concern and he asked if I was alright. Aunt Becky and Uncle Steve had sent Kendall a present, but just the day before, so how did it get here so fast. They must have paid and arm and a leg. I then thanked him and brought it inside. I started to open one end and a green box slide out with a bird and something else on it. That is when the girls had the music up too loud and I needed to turn it down because Kendall was asleep. I then came down stairs and turned the package upside down to remove the rest of the box. This is what I saw....
I then thought it would be funny to take this up to Alan and show him. I was sure that they had just reused a box. Alan said, UPS really screwed up. I then told him, No, I think something else is in here and they reused the box. My bad, this is what was in the box...guns. Not one, but two! UPS, you have made a big booboo!!! We called Aunt Becky, who then called UPS, and all should be right in a few days. The guns were picked up this morning and I hope the shop that was expecting the guns and received a one years old's birthday present will be as nice. Seriously, this is so funny, yet scary! Kendall is 10 days till she turns one. As I learned that her boyfriend tried milk for the first time tonight, I got curious. We are still nursing, what is this going to be like, how will we switch. Bryce was too easy. At 9 month old, I put a bottle on Bryce's tray, she had never taken one before, and she drank the whole thing, she was done nursing starting then. With Kendall, I know it is going to be a little different and I am all for that. She is our last, these are the last of the baby moments. I decided to put some milk in a sippy cup and she gulped it down. This is the hard part. The sippy cups were teether's and so she chomped on one side, that is how she now drinks and the water or milk dribble out the other side. What am I suppose to do? How do I teach her. I nurse her to sleep every night, so I know that this is going to be a battle when we need to change. I am so not ready for that one. Last baby, there are no time restraints!!!


No comments: