There comes a time in every parents life, that they finally realize they need some, "me" time. Kendall is turning one next week and we have never left her for a date, we have never left both the girls for more than 2 hours, we need this for us and for them.
Today, it was my turn to have so rejuvenating, some ME time!!! I love my girls, I couldn't live without them, but when there is sickness for weeks and bound to the house, I get tired. I get even more tired with a lack of sleep because of teething. I was beginning to feel like the wicked witch of the North. I needed today, and I was so blessed with it. After the taste of this day, the simple nibble of Me time, I am going to do this more often. It is good for all of us. Seriously, the moment that I walked in the door, what did I do? I loved on my kids and then started picking up all the messes. That is what we Mommies do, and that is why these wonderful breaks keep us going!!!
Today, I cut my hair short, I turned it red/brown and blond. I walked up the street, let my toes be pampered, tried to relax and tried even harder. I then walked up the street to the children's book story where I sat and read many books on ducks. Since we are having a duck party, it seemed fitting. Each year we by the girls a book that best suits their birthday and write a little something in it for them to remember this special day by. I then hit a few shops and wondered. I called Alan too many time, I then decided after 5 hours, it was time to go home. I was greeted with Bryce running into the front yard. It was so great. She told me I was beautiful!!!
I then told her I came home to see if she wanted to go to the car wash, a definite,yes!!! I even threw a hair cut in there and she was so excited. Alan said, she needs a cut like mine, and that is what we did. I think that Bryce looks so much older with this cut, but I do think that it is going to be good. 












No comments:
Post a Comment