Friday, September 12, 2008

Dancing Queen

Well, if you grew up like me, it was to the tune of Abba. I will never forget those moments that we spent as a family listening to, "The Magic of Abba". Just listening to the beat of that so dated music, you wanted to wiggle your feet, shake your hips and well, just move, even if it wasn't cool. I think that by the time I was in Jr High, I knew all the words, before that it was good ole' John Denver and Ken Medima (sp). No matter the tunes that you suffered through as a child, or those that you enjoyed, they were tunes that you will always remember and bring special memories to you.


So, I guess this is where I get to my story. Tonight, we picked out Bryce's first dance outfit. She and Charlotte will begin their first class this Thursday and need to have just the perfect outfit. Bryce and I looked this week, but decided that Alan needed to be there too. So, tonight, that is just what we did. When we got back to Papa Jack and Ma Ginny's, she couldn't wait to try it on, tags and all. As Bryce was jumping and twirling, the song, Dancing Queen came into my head. Bryce was so proud of as she calls them."dancing clothes". It was so cute. I can't wait for Thursday when she will really be able to cut a rug, get her boogie on, bust a move, shake her thing, and however you want to put it. I am just so beyond thankful, that I get to savor, embrace and simply soak up this new adventure in her life. Me, her mom, the person that I always wanted to be, sitting back and watching a new chapter unfold. My little Dancing Queen!!!

I know, who's fat thumb was over the flash...it was me and I am so mad at myself. So there! But, hey...these are pretty darn pictures!!!

~ On another note, We are all not feeling well tonight, thanks to whoever. We are also going to watch Austins football game in the morning, with hopes of many hard tackles and many smooches. After that we are going to look at as I would call a VERY large house. The house is in Via Verde a perfect spot, it has 5 bed rooms (2 master suites) and 4 bathrooms. Could it finally be our turn, only God knows and I am eager to hear His news.~

1 comment:

Sally said...

How cute...nothing like a little girl dancing and twirling!