I am so not a great writer, nor will I ever be. My mind, and my mouth goes faster than I can type or write. But, I want you to share in this finger licking, sticky yumminess. So I will try.
At almost 9 this morning, this was the pork loin that was going to be created into a pot of pure bliss.
These are all the ingredients that it calls for. But, I will admit I changed it up a little. Why use non-stick cooking spray when you can get great flavor from Olive oil. You use it to saute the onions so why not brown the meat in it. It also calls for a Pilsner beer. Why not use what you have on hand. Last week I used a Michelob Ultra and this week, it was a Corona. I also add the secret ingredient of the pork rub. When Alan was making pulled pork in the oven, this is what he used, so I added it in and oh man, it gives such a great flavor. Alan always reminds me that my pulled pork is better than his. That is such a great complement from a wonderful cook.
These are all the ingredients that it calls for. But, I will admit I changed it up a little. Why use non-stick cooking spray when you can get great flavor from Olive oil. You use it to saute the onions so why not brown the meat in it. It also calls for a Pilsner beer. Why not use what you have on hand. Last week I used a Michelob Ultra and this week, it was a Corona. I also add the secret ingredient of the pork rub. When Alan was making pulled pork in the oven, this is what he used, so I added it in and oh man, it gives such a great flavor. Alan always reminds me that my pulled pork is better than his. That is such a great complement from a wonderful cook. Here are the ingredients:
Non-stick cooking spray
5 pounds pork loin end roast, well trimmed (I have always used about a 4 pounder, have not found one bigger yet.)
5 pounds pork loin end roast, well trimmed (I have always used about a 4 pounder, have not found one bigger yet.)
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil ( I am sure I used more, but it is good for you)
2 teaspoons olive oil ( I am sure I used more, but it is good for you)
2 large Vidalia onions, peeled, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed (I used the jar kind already crushed and chopped)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed (I used the jar kind already crushed and chopped)
1 12-ounce bottle of beer, pilsner(I use what is on hand, not a big deal)
1 bay leaf (I used 2)
¼ cup brown sugar (I used 1/2 a cup)
¼ cup brown sugar (I used 1/2 a cup)
1 14-ounce bottle of BBQ Sauce (I used 18 ounces maybe a little more of Sweet Baby Ray's original)
1 dried chipotle chili (optional)(I didn't use this at all)
¼ teaspoon ground clove ( I didn't use this either)
The secret weapon!!!
Onions sliced thinly!
Pork waiting for a good rub down. Here is where I add the pork rub and a little salt before searing!!! Both sides. I even decided to cut my piece of pork in half because it was so big and easier to sear in the pan. This is about 4 1/4 pounds.Sprinkle the pork with salt on both sides and the pork rub if you are going to use it.
Bring on the Olive Oil...no cooking spray here!!! Get your pan nice and hot and sear that meat! Brown the pork on both sides, turning occasionally 10 to 12 minutes total.
Pork being seared! Transfer to a crock pot set to high or a stockpot over low heat.
In the same skillet, add the olive oil and the onions. Cook the onions over medium heat stirring occasionally until they begin to soften 8-10 minutes. Add a tablespoon of water if they begin to stick. Add garlic and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until the garlic become fragrant.
How beautiful is this? It calls for one Bay Leaf, but I add an extra!
Transfer onions and garlic to the crock pot or stock pot. Pour half the beer into the skillet and scrap any brown bits sticking to the surface of the pan. Add the beer mixture to the crock or stockpot. Add the remaining ingredients.
Bring on the Olive Oil...no cooking spray here!!! Get your pan nice and hot and sear that meat! Brown the pork on both sides, turning occasionally 10 to 12 minutes total.
Pork being seared! Transfer to a crock pot set to high or a stockpot over low heat.
In the same skillet, add the olive oil and the onions. Cook the onions over medium heat stirring occasionally until they begin to soften 8-10 minutes. Add a tablespoon of water if they begin to stick. Add garlic and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until the garlic become fragrant.
How beautiful is this? It calls for one Bay Leaf, but I add an extra!
Transfer onions and garlic to the crock pot or stock pot. Pour half the beer into the skillet and scrap any brown bits sticking to the surface of the pan. Add the beer mixture to the crock or stockpot. Add the remaining ingredients.Let the magic begin! Everything is in the pot and the aroma will soon over take this house. I cook mine on high for around 3 hours and then switch it to low. Not sure why, but why ruin it?
The house is smelling amazing. Look at that yumminess!!!
A little before 4:00, I checked on the pork and it was falling apart. I then took the fork, pulled it apart and let it soak in the juices till it was time for dinner.
Dinner is done!
These are our rolls of choice. They are thin, light and soak up the yummy juices so well.
Corn is in season and such a great side for these sandwiches.
Dinner is served. This is such a summer time dinner so why not serve it on paper plates. A added bonus for the cook!
And there it sat...empty again!!! What will it be next? I am thinking of trying Pot Roast, so stay tuned for those results. If you have a yummy crock pot recipe and want to share, please send it our way!!!
The house is smelling amazing. Look at that yumminess!!!
A little before 4:00, I checked on the pork and it was falling apart. I then took the fork, pulled it apart and let it soak in the juices till it was time for dinner.
Dinner is done!
These are our rolls of choice. They are thin, light and soak up the yummy juices so well.
Corn is in season and such a great side for these sandwiches.
Dinner is served. This is such a summer time dinner so why not serve it on paper plates. A added bonus for the cook!
And there it sat...empty again!!! What will it be next? I am thinking of trying Pot Roast, so stay tuned for those results. If you have a yummy crock pot recipe and want to share, please send it our way!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment