Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lucky Me!!!

What a difference a few days makes...I mean with the weather. Just a few days ago, we had sprinkles and gloom and now look. We are breaking out the cute bright sun dresses, flip flops (sorry, Wamma Cathy) and enjoying this dose of abundant vitamin D. Bryce loves these days and tells me in the mornings, "It's a beautiful day". I love watching her stretch her legs and run to her hearts content in the yard. I sure wish that I could do that, but for now sitting in the sun watching her, I am content.
This morning, I had my regular 2 week check up, but with another Dr. My Dr. decided that it was his time for a little R and R. I am all for that, just as long as he is here when I NEED him. I was able to be seen by the other Dr, who coincidentally, went to high school with Andrea and I. We love her and she is great. After all the normal questions, loving the scale which has stayed at ZERO for all of these 15 weeks (YEAH), blood pressure, you know, the usual, that was it. I was off to bed again for 2 more weeks. That is when I very politely threw into play that my birthday is next Thursday and I was hoping to find out what I was having before then. We really thought that we would because of all the ultrasound, but those stopped 2 weeks ago. I also told her that it was a piece of mind and helped me stay in bed seeing that sweet little face. To my utmost surprise, she said..."let's take a peek!" Well, I did get to see that beautiful little one sleeping, but there was no showing us anything. The only thing that we could see was that this child was acting just like Bryce did and had he/she's legs crossed and curled up. I felt very blessed to have that extra ultrasound and see our second blessing snug and safe. We are scheduled for another peek on April 15th.

If you are confused at looking at this, let me help a little. Looking at the left, it the baby's head and he/she is laying horizontal. You can even see he/she's long legs stretched to the right side. This is a beautiful silhouette picture of this precious little love at 15+ weeks. I think that it might be setting in finally that I am going to have another blessing.


2 comments:

Sally said...

That's so exciting! We had a warm 63 degrees yesterday, the snow is melting and the weather is supposed to be in the 40's the next while. That sounds cold but above freezing which is good.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you. These pictures of Bryce are so adorable. She looks like such a little girly-girl!