Today, was almost a carbon copy of yesterday, but with an added bug. Today, Alan and I are both hit with some weird form of the stomach flu. We don't feel nauseous (thank goodness), but our tummies are in knots and he has had a high fever to go with. But, there are no sick days for Mom's, so I must carry on. With it being another beautiful day, I scooted my chair into the sun, had a bottle of lemon water and watched Bryce play for hours.
With such a passion for cooking and a great imagination, this little one created Chicken Soup in the backyard. Leaves from the Orange tree were collected and turned into Bay leaves, pea ponds were turned into noodles, leaves off all different colors became vegetables, and different weeds and grass finished this great dish as spices. With each thing that was added, I was explained the proper way to add them and what they were. When it came time to mix the ingredients together, I was told, "don't mix to much", "just let them rest". Then, the soup was ready and I enjoyed it as much as one can in imaginary play. It was delectable! I just pray we feel better tomorrow (my Birthday) and that Bryce and Grandma Midge are spared this bug.




1 comment:
Sorry to hear that you and Alan are not feeling well. Hopefully the chicken soup helps! Happy Birthday Melissa. Love, Marilyn and Gib (We are enjoying the blog)
Post a Comment