Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Blanket and Oh Yummmm!

One of the nurses asked me a few weeks ago, how I was making time go by? I gave her a few little projects I was doing, nothing big. She then told me that I should write a book about 101 things to do, while you are stuck in bed. A great idea, but I am sure that it is already done. Grandma Ginny has brought over many sewing project, crocheting, and so much more. This week, I really got cracking on the crocheting. Bryce noticed that I was making a blanket and asked what it was for. I told her it was for Mommy's bed. This very smart little one then explained to me, that I already have one and she wanted one. That is when my brain remember the pink blanket that I started (but never finished) when I was in bed pregnant with her. So while my little love was having her quiet time, I pulled the unfinished blanket out of a special box and finished it. When she came out of her room, the blanket that she wanted was done (it only took three years) and she was so happy. I was super Mom in her eyes, I pray that I always am. Food, always taste better when you are pregnant, especially food that you love. Well, I am a big seafood lover and being pregnant, that is hard. But as I was at the Dr this week, he explained that up to 8oz a week was fine. Woo hoo!!! To fix my wonderful healthy craving tonight, we had one of my favorites, Salmon Oscar. If you have never had it, you would love it (Dad, are you drooling?) and it is so easy to make at home. It is Salmon topped with sauteed Asparagus, fresh Crab meat placed on top of the Asparagus and then Hollindaise sauce over it all. It is one of my favorites and I feel so spoiled that I got to have it tonight. I have also had it on a breast of chicken and that is wonderful too. Now, a week or so to wait till I can have some other seafood.

No comments: