Daddy was off catching fish again early this morning and we girls had no plans, just whatever. I knew that I owed Bryce a trip to the ice cream shop, we needed to get a few little things from the store and that was all taken care right after Kendall's morning nap. While Kendall napped this morning, Bryce and I made a few crafts. I made a few of my cards for a gift for Ursula and Bryce drew her a picture and made a card too. I wish that I could have taken a picture of it. She asked me to cut out a yellow house for the front of her card. She wanted it to look like the Inn. So cute!!!
After Daddy came home from a great day of fishing, we decided to go up to the Inn and say our "Good-byes" and give them our cards. Bryce was so eager to share her presents with Ursula. We even loaded up all the extra groceries that we had at the house that we didn't want to waste to give to them since we are leaving. Ugh!!! So not ready to go home.
As Alan was pushing the stroller and I was looking around at all the beauty, I then noticed this sight. Umm Kendall, chewing your toes is bad manors. Gross!
Such a funny little love!
Oh how I am going to miss all the wild flowers around here, they are everywhere you turn.
After our short maybe 3 block walk, we were at the Inn and looking at the inviting deck. Next time I am going to come sit and have my coffee here.
We just so happened to arrive at the perfect time for a sugar monster. In the late afternoons, there are always yummy home-made goodies to be had. These were the best cookies ever, I am gonna get this recipe for sure. They were chocolate chip, but there was something added and I couldn't put my finger on it. I didn't get to ask Ursula, because I enjoyed mine on the LONG ride home. She packed us a little to-go bag! So sweet!
Ursula was so sweet to our family and just felt like family. She sat on the floor to play with our kids, she just loved on them.
This was Bryce's favorite part and I am thinking I need to follow through with it. Piano lessons might be in her future. There was a great old piano and Ursula invited the girls to play on it. Bryce was beside herself...she loved it. If you click on this picture it will make it bigger and you can see the detail in the piano, I have never seen that before. Such beauty in everything with age. Hey, I like that saying....good thing, because I am getting old.
This is a photo on the wall hanging in the Inn and it just looked like it could be Kendall and Nolan in a few years. Love it!!! It could also be a Natasha and David or Andrea and James. You know what I am saying, the blond girl and the dark haired boy.
I told you about the beautiful hardware and hinges and well tonight, I had to take a picture while we were there. I would love for all our doors to have knobs like these and the door jams filled with these beautiful hinges.
As you can tell, it is all being painted, but look at the detail in that hinge.
After a little while, Kendall can get rather heavy. She is not that tiny little 6 pound bundle anymore. While we were outside, we sat her in the grass and it was too funny. She kept picking up her legs or at least one and making funny faces. I am pretty sure she was getting tickled by the grass and not liking it at all. She didn't even try to move from the spot we sat her in...such a little Princess.



Ursula's grandchildren had been their the night before and had a wonderful time playing outside with chalk. There were mazes, hopscotches galore and some beautiful art work too. After we finished getting the pictures that I wanted, we headed outside to this wonderful colorful art. Ursula and Bryce had a great time together. They did the mazes, played hopscotch and had so many great laughs. What a special treat to just meet someone only a few days ago and feel like you had known them forever. Ursula is a true Grandma, one that takes the time to play like a kid with the kids. I love that quality! 
Kendall on my shoulders for the first time. She thought that this was the greatest.
As we said our, "Goodbye's", the girls had fun trying on the old hats and looking rather cute. All except, where is Kendall?
We love walking around this tiny little town. As we walked back to the house to get ready for dinner, I looked up and this is what I saw. I love it so much. It is the arbor to another Bed and Breakfast and the steeple to a Church a block away. Would be better without the pole and lines, but there is nothing we can do about that.




No comments:
Post a Comment