Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fishing, Rock Throwing and More

It was a "What should we do day!?!?" I love days like this, days with not a thing that needed to be done, just a day to be free and enjoy. As you can tell by this picture, look who got who dressed this morning. I thought that it felt a little chilly, so I bundled up Kendall. Bryce dressed herself and packed a jacket in case she got hot (her words). Then we walked the three little blocks to the Cafe for breakfast. Good old fashion yum!!! This was our view while enjoying breakfast.
Can't say that I have seen a light bulb like this in awhile. I just think that they are so much cuter than today's light bulbs. This was above the table in the cafe.
After such a yummy breakfast we decided to walk a few calories off and look around. Here are some of my favorite things that we saw.
Bryce loved meeting the brown dog outside of the Brown Dog Gift shop.
The flowers are the best up here, I could take pictures of them all day long.
We loved showing the girls this little fountain. It will fill up and then pour itself out.
After we got back to the house, Alan decided to take Bryce fishing, so we headed over to Siskiyou Lake. It reminded me so much of Lake Almanor with the pine tree covered edges and the very refreshing water.
Bryce loved trying to fish for the first time. A girl always has to give things a try and what could be better than to try fishing with a Barbie pole.
Kendall wondered where the black sand beach was...lol!!! Silly little girl thought that all these rocks had been put around her so she would never run out of things to put in her mouth. That is where we decided to give her a rock that couldn't fit in her mouth. We love finding creative toys and a rock is one of them.
Not sure why, but I so love this picture. Yes, it could be that Kendall is looking rather scrumptious or could it be that she is looking cute, before she does something that she shouldn't.
All this playing and relaxing is making me tired. Yawn!
Rock jumping!!! Bryce loved bouncing from one rock to the next and back again. I really think that we should have named her Monkey. We had a great time trying to teach Bryce how to just enjoy nature, find thing to do with your surrounding. I love that I was taught that as a child and today some of those lessons were shared. Today, we tried to teach Bryce to skip rocks, and make boats out of leaves and wood. I think that I might have enjoyed this more than she did.
Here is my little boat made in under a minute....will it float?

The maiden voyage!!!
I think that it is looking like the Houqua, met her match and sank. It sure was fun trying and sharing in this simple fun with my girls.

No comments: