Saturday, January 9, 2010

Visiting an Angel!

One of God's greatest Prayer Warrior is our sweet cousin, Rebekah. She (as well as so many) have prayed diligently for my girls, from the moment they knew of them. Rebekah lives in the Dominican Republic and is sharing God's love and teaching children there. Really she does so much more, her gift is endless. God knew what He was doing when He filled her heart to be apart of Kids Alive. While she was home for the holidays, we took the chance for a little visit and to introduce Kendall to her. What a special treat this was for all of us. We stayed longer than we planned and took some of Rebekah time away from her next event. So we decided to help out. It was a great treat for us too, but I do think that we were more in the way. It was something that we all love to do, cooking. What was so special besides having more time together was making something that we never have. We made Empanada's. The versions between the Dominican Republic and the ones we know are different, but so yummy. Rebekah even threw together the version we know and man is she good. This is definitely something that I am going to attempt doing the next time that Pa Ken comes out, they are his favorites.Kendall enjoyed a 10 minute nap in her seat. Guess she didn't really want to miss anything.
Then we got a surprise visit from sweet Alice and her kids. What a day full of sweet love.
Before we left, I promised Bryce a trip up the hill (the big hill) to see the horses. What was I thinking? I was not thinking that I have not exercised at all in the last 13 months and had been in bed for 7 of those months. I was thinking this was going to be fun and something Bryce wanted to do. So with the 15 pound butterball and camera in one arm, Bryce in the other hand, I walked this steep hill. I was actually proud of myself, a little winded, but not as bad as I thought. But then realization hit, 15 minutes after we made the return trip down and my legs began shaking. Ha Ha!!! Better start working out!
This is a view from almost at the top of the hill. This picture doesn't do this hill justice.
After we got all the way up there, Bryce said, "I am scared of the horses!". Umm, hello you elephant rider! Silly girl!
When we got back down the hill, Bryce enjoyed the play ground. She loved the climbing wall the best. She did so great, probably because she is part monkey.
It was a wonderful day! Daddy was home sick, so he had lots of quiet time and rest. We had a wonderful day of visiting, playing, cooking and just being together. Thanks for taking the time Rebekah and for the great visit Aunt Cindy. The surprise visit from you Alice was such an added treat too. We love you guys!

No comments: