Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Leafy Sunday

We all make those New Year resolutions, right. Most of them are made with a weight loss plan included. Well, I have not made that my priority this year. You know, I usually never make New Year's resolutions and if I have, I always break them. I come to the realization that I can try again next week and then finally realize that I am only kidding myself. Well, this year is different. Over the last several years we have had so many changes, so much lose, but yet, so much to be thankful for. As we struggle by the skin of our teeth to make ends meet most months and with it becoming beyond a shadow of a doubt that I must return to work (I don't need to make that much, just grocery's $)(and if I gave up eating, I would make all those other New Year's resolutions come true) I've made a resolution that I will keep. One, that I proud to keep. That I need to take more time to play with my kids, really play. You know get on their level, do what they do, dig in the sand, enjoy life. I have been a neat freak, the organizer, the planner, the do it all for everyone else, no time for me, for so long. Then last week, I found myself saying, the dusting can wait, there is play dough to be played with, there are bubbles to be blown, the rest can wait.

I have seen a diffrence in Bryce with this change. On an everyday basis, she is a good child, a great child. But, she has heard, I need to do this first, I need to do that, your sister needs this, you have to wait, for too long. Now that I am learning to balance, learning to walk away, letting things go, just not giving a hoot if I don't have the neatest house, life is good. I still have not yet learned to leave dishes in the sink, nor will I ever, but everything else is a little more neglected. Just a heads up if you ever visit our home. I am screaming at the top of my lungs...MY KIDS COME FIRST. I waited so long for them and now to think that I must leave them in the daytime, my stomach is in knots. But, we do what we need to do, we will survive. Ideally if I could work from home, (child care, picture scanning, data entry, whatever) that would be ideal. But that is just a wish, a hope, a dream. We will have to see what the next road has for us.


This beautiful Sunday afternoon was another perfect day of play. I took Bryce on a scooter ride around the neighborhood. We even moved her bike basket to the scooter so she could carry a drink and collect treasures. The treasures that she did find were, dandelions for Boo bird, Grandma Midge's bird. We had a great little time together. After our ride, my little cleaner girl, needed to wash her scooter and Kendall enjoyed watching. The weather has been so warm the last few days, who would not love to be outside.Poor little Miss Kendall is cutting I believe 6 teeth. She just can't keep her hands out of her mouth and the drool in endless. Poor little love! But, she sure enjoyed the outdoors today, while chomping on her hands.
I'm Hooked!
...and then the leafy fun began. Bryce decided to decorate her hair with a beautiful leaf and next thing you knew, I was raking all the leaves into a pile and she was playing. We had leaf throwing fights, tickle session and so much fun. Every Thursday the gardners come and the leafs are gone. But after an hour, they are back, plus some and that is what we enjoyed today. It was a great relaxing Sunday. Daddy spent most of the day on the couch again resting. Why do Daddy's get sick days and Mommy's don't? We sure hope he feels better tomorrow. We sure hope the rest of us don't get it either. Bryce is getting her first professional hair cut this week, she turns 4 next week, we are going to Disneyland (were Alan and I had a special date 15 years ago in February) and so much more. So don't share the bug, hun!

No comments: