Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Prep-work

If I am not mistaken, our first little miracle turns 4 tomorrow and the prep-work has begun. I really can't believe that we are going to be able to celebrate her on her real birthday this year. For the last three years we have tried, but do to circumstances beyond our control,(First years, stomach flu, Second year, Great Grandpa Jack went to Heaven, Third year, Mommy stuck in bed pregnant with Kendall) the parties never happened. This year, we did not plan a big party, because we are going to Disneyland instead. But, we will be having a small, if you can call our family that, party on Sunday to celebrate with Papa Jack. So today, with a school party tomorrow and it being Bryce's actually birthday, we let the fun begin. We decorated, baked and ate cookies, enjoyed a fire, and practiced writing our "4's". Bryce has mastered writing a 4 and a B! Not bad!Party bags being filled for school. No cupcakes allowed, so we did this instead. Notice the news on in the back ground. That was the hurricane warnings in our area...crazy!
Do you see these gorgeous tomatoes? They are Roma's and Cherry tomatoes, and we picked them yesterday. When there was a break in the storm, I thought we better get them and let them ripen in the house. Can you believe that we are still picking tomatoes off our vines? Gotta love it! There is nothing, and I mean nothing like a fresh picked tomato. Yummy!

No comments: