Thursday, July 16, 2009

Warn out...in a good way!

Twice this week, we have had the blessing of Auntie Ann. She was come and taken Bryce to her house for the day to play. It is such a huge gift and one that I will always cherish. It breaks my heart not being able to run and play with Bryce and I know she hates it just as much. There is nothing better than an Auntie Ann and cousins to take that place when needed.
We didn't pick Bryce up till 7:00 tonight and she was warn out, in a good way. Alan went to pick her up before our appointment this afternoon and she told him to go back home. She was having such a wonderful time and so we agreed that she could stay till after our appointment. I think that she is going to sleep really well tonight. Thanks Ann for your sweet spirit and for giving Bryce this special time.
~32 week update~


We had an appointment tonight for our 32 week check up! It was a long one, but that is to be expected. The Dr even left while we were there to deliver a little one, but he was back so fast I couldn't believe it. I was placed on the NST machine again for over an hour.
What does the NST look for?
The primary goal of the test is to measure the heart rate of the fetus in response to its own movements. Healthy babies will respond with an increased heart rate during times of movement, and the heart rate will decrease at rest. The concept behind a non-stress test is that adequate oxygen is required for fetal activity and heart rate to be within normal ranges. When oxygen levels are low, the fetus may not respond normally. Low oxygen levels can often be caused by problems with the placenta or umbilical cord.
In that time Baby girl's heart rate dropped dramatically two times. She recovered quickly, but it still sends a wave of panic. Baby seems to be very active, yet she is slowing down. There are so many reasons for that and one could be that she is really running out of room because of my heart shaped uterus (bicornuate uterus). Another reason could be that she was on her cord. Since we failed the NST, I have to repeat it on Monday. I also need to be monitoring her movements and if I don't feel her move as often, even after having something sugary, we need to head straight to the hospital. If on Monday, I fail the NST again, most likely, I will be placed in the hospital. That is not where I want to be these last few weeks at all, but if it will protect and help baby, I will go.
So, I ask for your prayers at this time. Pray that I can be calm, not worry and continue to carry this miracle till it is safe for her to enter the world. Pray for Baby girl to continue to thrive and grow. Pray for my family as they are carrying the added load, on top of their crazy lives. Pray!!!

No comments: