Saturday, July 4, 2009

2 for 2

Alan and I think that we have a pattern going. This is our second child and the second Fourth of July that I have spent in bed. We will not be finding out if the pattern repeats itself again that is for sure. With a fun day yesterday and me now on bed rest, we were having a quiet day at home. Alan BBQ'd Carne Asada and Chicken and Bryce enjoyed a lot of time in her pool.
We also opened the boxes that arrived last night to find Baby girl's bedding. We are so excited about it, and I am certain her room will not be done before she arrives. That's alright, we have plenty of time to get that done after she is home since she will be sharing our room with us in the precious family bassinet. Just say, "OUCH!!!" My legs are so sunburned that they hurt to have anything touch them last night. This is the last thing that I needed right now, but it is my own fault. I really didn't feel like I was getting any sun, but you always are. We even got a special visit from Lilly tonight. Papa and Mom's air broke, and they decided to escape the heat to the movies for a little relief. Lilly is very at home here and we love having her.
Happy 4th Everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

The baby's bedding is beautiful! How fun! I am so sorry you are back in bed. Maybe we can come visit soon?

Jen said...

Melissa,
I have been meaning to thank for keeping up with this blog so faithfully. I am the niece of Jack's first wife Judy and cousin to the Carter kids. I enjoy so much being able to see the whole family when I can't talk to them as often as I would like. In the process I have gotten to know you and your precious family. My prayers for you and that sweet baby.
Love to all,
Jen from colorado