Monday, July 20, 2009

A New Look!

Here is your warning...we are going for a new look. No not on the blog, yet that will happen soon too. But on our sweet Bryce. We have decided to try and grow her bangs out and see what she looks like with a new style. We think that she is beautiful and perfect just the way that she is but, every girl loves a change. So please excuse the scraggly hair look for the time being and besides, her smile will always make up for a bad hair day any day.
When I came home from my NST test (details below) this afternoon, there was a package. Inside this package was a beautiful quilt made for baby girl. When I was first placed on bed rest in January, I was contacted by Alan's cousin, Heather. She told me about a special program at their church and she had added me to the list. The program is where people get together and say prayers while tying knots in a quilt. They also give that prayer request to others and have them pray too. Once the quilt is done, it is then sent to the person that they were praying for. Well, we know that prayer works! Each time that I wrap baby girl in it, I will be reminded of that and the awesome way that God works in each of our lives.

There is a little saying on a card attached to the blanket and it reads, "Even if a knot comes out, the prayer will last forever!!!" So true!

Thanks Heather for thinking and praying for us. Thank you for this special treasure that will always be cherished too.

~32.5 week update~
I can't tell you how scared I was to go to this appointment this afternoon. Bryce was even crying for me to stay home and not leave. But, I had to go and we all knew that there was a chance that I wouldn't be coming back home today. Well, I should have had more faith, because baby girl did great today. We passed the NST test with flying colors. She did have one little drop, but it was very minor. I still need to count kick and movements, as well as watch the way that I am feeling. But, we get to do that from home and that is a great answer to prayer. I will continue to have the weekly NST test and if there is any changes, the hospital is always the next place for us. But for now, we can be home and continue to be on baby watch. It is hard to believe that I really only have to stay in bed for 3.5 more weeks. It feels like a lifetime, but I am growing a life inside of me that needs this time on her side. I will be out of this bed soon and will probably be so tired that I want back in it. I guess I better enjoy this time (I really hate it) that I have now. Thanks for your continued prayers.

2 comments:

Sally said...

So glad things are going well.

GCO DR Team 2015 said...

We are praying for you and for Baby! We will miss you at Almanor next week! Gotta get packing, we leave on Friday!