Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quality time!!!

I got Alan off to work a few minutes after 5 and sat back down in bed to have my quiet time. Then a little while later, bang, and the double doors to my bedroom flew open. There grinning ear to ear at 5:45 a.m. was Bryce. I told her to look out the window, the sun was not up, so she needed to go back to bed. After all the trying and coercing, that was not going to happen so we started what ended up to being a great day!. After we were dressed and ready for the day, I asked Bryce if she wanted to make muffins with me. Of course her response was, "I would love to!!!" So, down the stairs and off to the kitchen we went. We made these muffins last week and it is a new favorite around here. Bryce was so happy that we were making them again, she wanted to eat the box. What a nut!!! Then to really get into the season, we turned on the Christmas tunes and danced away. There were a few songs that really had drums in them, so of course, Bryce had to do her part too.
After the house smelled yummy and the kitchen was cleaned, it was time to watch the trash man. But most important, it was time to watch for Charlotte.
The squeals began, Charlotte was her. Charlotte brought 2 very cute little pup's and she was not ready to let Bryce see them. It was so funny to watch that strong will in Charlotte and the determination in Bryce to hold one of those pup's.
Bryce tried ever coursing tactic that she could think of to get one of those pup's out of Charlotte arm. I was really beginning to think that she might not have patience and rip one from Charlotte's grasp. But, my child has patience... ...and then the trust and sharing began!!! Yeah! While the girls began this next chapter of their day, I said, "time to cook." I have really learned lately, cook once, eat twice or more. This weekend, I made Turkey Tetrazzini (Janis, I want your recipe) and we had it for two meals (well one for dinner and a little leftovers for lunch) and I have one in the freezer. Today, I was making Goulash. So, I decided to double the recipe, which I really think I tripled, so that we could have it for dinner and put one in the freezer. I made so much that I filled 3 huge dishes. I put one in the fridge for dinner, one in the freezer for later and took one to Ann, so she didn't have to cook tonight. Now I have two meals in the freezer that don't take any thought at all. I love it!!!They played many games with the dice, they were rather creative, I might add. They separated them by colors, mixed them all up, rolled them, stacked them and then turned them into beds for their little dogs to jump on. Guess where I was, still in the kitchen and loving it!!! They enjoyed playing with the "First Christmas" book and setting up the scene. Yes, I was still in the kitchen, but this time I had their lunch almost done and I was still cooking. The girls had a great day and so did I. They played so great together as I watched from the kitchen. It was a great day for all of us and as I am having time to blog, dinner is in the oven. Gotta love that! The other thing that I love is that we made it into the mid 60's today, come on winter you can do it, get here already. With the little chill in the air, we enjoyed our first fire tonight, I am in a little piece of heaven. Can I say it again? It was a great day!!!

No comments: