When I awoke on this beautiful day, this day that we celebrate the greatest, most precious birth, I realized, I slept in a little. What a great present!!! Then, as Alan and I enjoyed our coffee and the beautiful rain outside, we wondered if Bryce was ever going to wake up, we were so excited. We couldn't wait to see how she was going to be, to celebrate with her, too just enjoy this special day. She went to bed rather late, so sleeping in was not a surprise. Then all of the sudden I heard those first sounds of her waken and went to her room. I said,"Merry Christmas little one." She then said, with the saddest eyes and a quieted little voice, "I guess that Santa didn't come." I asked her, "what would make you think that?" She then replied that, "she didn't see him from her window!" I then took her in my arms and proceeded to walk her down the long hallway to our room. Well on the way down the hallway, you have to pass the landing that over looks the entry way and living room. She let out a gasp and then began kicking her legs, like a fish to get down. There were no words, just action, action that was in the form of a blank stare, as she looked over the magic that happened in the living room while she slept. The dropping of her sweet little mouth in amazement of what her eyes where seeing. It was a priceless moment that I am so glad I was able to be apart of- a moment that I will never forget.
Seeing the look in my daughters eye's as she saw the magic of Christmas, was the perfect gift. I kept replaying this moment over and over again in my mind through out the day. It was so magical and precious.
After finally walking down the stairs, Bryce had to walk all the way around this flower tent to check out the whole thing. Then of course, she said,"let's get in it Daddy!" Grandma Midge and I were left there, just to watch. But did we love watching all the happiness.
Bryce was so excited to see this horse inside her flower tent. She would ask each time we were in Costco, if she could ride one. Now she has her own and can ride to her hearts content. Thanks Grandma Midge! 
After a few days of patiently waiting, it was time for Karleigh to open her special present. Bryce called Grandma to tell her that she was going to help Karleigh, she did a great job. Thanks for making this special red coat for Karleigh, Momma!
Karleigh enjoying her new sweater and a little ride on the horse.
This was our attempt for a family photo. Grandma Midge has never met digital, but she gave it a great try. Funny thing, this picture is growing on me!!!
After a morning at home, it was time to share the day with more family. That is one of our favorite things to do, so it made today perfect. I didn't get a lot of pictures this afternoon because I was enjoying that time I had with my family.
After a few days of patiently waiting, it was time for Karleigh to open her special present. Bryce called Grandma to tell her that she was going to help Karleigh, she did a great job. Thanks for making this special red coat for Karleigh, Momma!
Karleigh enjoying her new sweater and a little ride on the horse.
Keaton showing off his two teeth for Christmas
Lawson enjoying his first Christmas
Looks like Papa couldn't find his man apron. But he did do a great "man job" at cutting that yummy smoked turkey.

Our little Angles!
Alan was so great getting Lawson to sleep, this little man was a fighter. Looks like he melted into Alan's arms.
Austin the Great!!! Really!
With a special little one on the way for Mike and Audra, that meant a special present was needed. So I put on my thinking cap and came up with this. It was a very little sock monkey which I sewed its own little blanket for. Then I made a blanket with little sock monkeys all over the fabric for their baby. I then had to add one more fun thing and that was a Sock Monkey in the Box (just like the jack in the box, but a sock monkey). I think they loved it, just as much as I loved giving it.
While Grandma Ginny was whipping up the cream, she decided to let Bryce help. Then because she was such a sweet little help, Grandma decided to let her have a little taste. So cute! 

Christmas at it's finest-with family!




No comments:
Post a Comment