Wednesday, October 22, 2008

First Braid

Good news, I think I am feeling better, but still a little nauseous. The best part is that no one else is sick. Praise God!
Let this new day begin and so, it did. It was time to deal with Bryce's crazy hair, one day it does this, and then the next that. Well, I thought, she has never had a braid, so lets try. Since her hair is full of so many lengths, it was going to be a little braid. I took a little section, braided it and showed her in the mirror. She was so excited about it, and then the look came, she was worried. She said,"where are my pieces?" I then explained that I put them all together in that cute little braid. She was not sure, but I think in the end, she liked her first little braid.
Bryce and I had a very hard (for me) conversation this morning, that made me run for the tissues without being noticed. She was looking at a scrapbook that I made probably 5 years ago. It has pictures of some of the special babies in our lives, that belong to our family and friends. It also has a page for our pups. It shows a picture of them from when we brought them home and from the day I made that book. Well, Bryce said, "there are my dogs, they are at my house. I need to go get them. I need to put them in my car and bring them to this house. I need to take care of them." That is when I told her, that the dogs where happy (choking back the tears), they were being taken care of and that we needed to leave them there. She then looked at me with those big blue eyes and said,"I need them!" I wasn't going to make it threw anymore of this conversation without the gates opening wide, so I looked at her and said,"do you want to watch a show?" That is all that I could do and I ran to the other room. Will it ever get easier? We miss those meat heads so much. How do you explain it to a toddler?

A few of the friends, that joined us in the backyard this morning, so fun! ~Our friend Sarah and husband, Drew are having a baby girl tomorrow. Her name will be Faith Marie. Please pray for them, that all goes smooth and that they know God is with them. They lost their twin boys last year at 23.5 weeks. It has been a hard time for them keeping the faith, but now they will be holding their Faith. Thank you, Jesus! We love you guys!~

1 comment:

The Maulsbys said...

thank you so much for your prayers. that means so much. Can't wait to put her first picture up on my blog and share her with everyone!!!! :)