Monday, October 20, 2008

Craft Time!!!

While opening the curtains to the front of the house this morning, Bryce and I noticed a sparkle on the rose bush in front. It was about all that we could see, because of as Grandpa Louie would call it "tooley fog". We were socked in here in the foothills, and it was beautiful to have a change. Bryce and I decided to take a closer look at the beauty that sparkled outside. What did we see? We saw beautiful drops of dew, or probably the sprinklers, just resting on the leaves of the rose bush. What a beautiful sight it was, and it made a great way for the morning to begin.

I decided today, that Bryce and I were going to do everything her little heart wanted too do. All the house work, the bills, the laundry, everything could wait. I even threw some pork tenderloins in the crock pot, smothered in BBQ sauce to cook away for the day. We went outside and blew bubbles, sidewalk chalked, played with puzzles and then it was time to play with the craft box. At this point, the day was a true dream for Bryce, she had mommy's utmost attention, then...

...the feeling that I was trying to ignore took over, and I ran. I had the stomach flu and I couldn't ignore it anymore. UGH!!! Bryce followed me (I tried hard for her to stay put) on one of my many sprints and said,"mommy, what are you doing with your stuff? How do you explain that? I know gross, but it was funny! When Grandma Midge and Daddy got home, I finally got to go to bed and try to shake this nasty bug. Thanks for taking over you two!

Please pray that the rest of my family doesn't get this. A toddler and the stomach flu, that would be the sequel to her first birthday, I am sure. No thanks!!!

No comments: