Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dinner with a bonus!!!

We are having our friends over for dinner for the first time tonight. All of us are so excited to be able to spend more time with them and grow together. As we were getting ready to have 9 for dinner tonight, I got even more excited because I don't know how to cook small (I found out tonight that Deanna doesn't either, love that!). Bryce was so excited that every few minutes she asked if they were here yet. I promised her she would see their car or hear the doorbell and she would know that they were here. She even waited at the front window for awhile to make sure she didn't miss them. I remember her doing this at such a young age waiting for Charlotte. What is so funny is it's on the same chair by the front window, just a different zip code.
Then they arrived and the squeals and laughter began, even from the adults. It was such a beautiful afternoon so we decided to enjoy sometime outside. We munched on smoked salmon, smoked Gouda and Aged White Cheddar. It was wonderful, even the girls were digging in the salmon.

Nolan and Kendall shared their puffs and wished for a more elegant appetizer.

The girls are like two peas in a pod. They love each other to death, they fight like sisters and yet they remain friends. These two are so good for each other. They are learning so much about each other and their boundaries and well, life. Best friends are the greatest and these two are it.
After a wonderful dinner of Smoked Chicken, Asparagus with a Browned Butter Sauce, Salad and the greatest potatoes that you have ever tasted made by Deanna, (seriously they were so good that I wanted to go have a few bites in the middle of the night while I was up with kids. My mouth just waters at the thought of them. I will share the recipe, after I make them.) we were all stuffed. That is when the kids sat down to try and sort of watch a movie, they were all so tired and staying still was not an option. We adults then laughed and found out that we all have much more in common than we thought. Seriously, it was scary how much Alan and Mario have in common and Deanna and I. But, Deanna and I set ground rules, we were friends first and the men were not aloud to date. LOL!!! This is going to be a wonderful friendship that has a lifetime and beyond to grow. Alan even told me that Deanna and I are like "two peas in a pod", we both never sit still. We are always on the go taking care of others. It was a wonderful night that I could go on and on about. Seriously I still have a smile on my face from the joy that the night brought me and the way that this friendship is growing.
We decided that it would be such a joy to have the first sleepover ever of a non-relative and that went for both the girls. It was a first for both and a wonderful, grown-up one. The girls were so excited and you could tell we were in for a long night. But really, after reminding them that is was late, the chatter stopped and the sweet silence began. They were fast asleep and on their first sleepovers.

The Big Sisters, in their Big Sister shirts having their first sleepovers (non-relative) ever. What a special treat to share, what a joy to experience! For a few weeks now, Kendall had been doing something very funny. She either grabs her nose and breathes in and out really heavily or smoother's her hand over her nose and does the same thing. This is how kids learn and they are all curious, and well down right funny! Me and My Daddy!
Sorry for the lack of pictures but the hostess can't be the photographer too!!!

No comments: