There comes a time as a parent that you realize, you just need to do more. You think that you are giving it your all, doing what you need to, but you see, you need to give more. That is when you really become the dedicated parent, the one who notices. Well, that was Alan and I recently and we decided that our girls need more one on one time. This weekend, I decided that I was going to take Bryce to her first pottery painting day. I have walked her in here before, but that was just for show. Today, it was the real deal, just her and I. We both were so excited! 
After pondering and looking (one can't help but to ponder with an $8 adult paint and a $6 dollar child paint on top of your piece. Which I might add start at $9. We looked several times over, not even looking at the price's finally and came up with two great choices. I was going to do a rubber duck for Kendall and Bryce was going to do Snow White since she just watched that movie with Daddy this morning. This was so fun. We kept talking about the different people that we thought would love to come do this. It was a great way for Bryce and I to spend a little one on one time, just us. We pick up our finished creations on Wednesday. Can't wait to see what they look like. Bryce has said over and over again, mine just doesn't look like I hoped it would. I keep telling her that is where practice comes into play, but you Snow White is beautiful. 


My Duck before glazing!
Bryce's Snow White!
Finished!!!

After pondering and looking (one can't help but to ponder with an $8 adult paint and a $6 dollar child paint on top of your piece. Which I might add start at $9. We looked several times over, not even looking at the price's finally and came up with two great choices. I was going to do a rubber duck for Kendall and Bryce was going to do Snow White since she just watched that movie with Daddy this morning. This was so fun. We kept talking about the different people that we thought would love to come do this. It was a great way for Bryce and I to spend a little one on one time, just us. We pick up our finished creations on Wednesday. Can't wait to see what they look like. Bryce has said over and over again, mine just doesn't look like I hoped it would. I keep telling her that is where practice comes into play, but you Snow White is beautiful. 


My Duck before glazing!
Bryce's Snow White!
Finished!!!
While Bryce and I played. Daddy took great care of Kendall. She is so on the move these days, so it is a much harder job. But, Daddy did great, she did not starve and the house is still in tacked.
Hmmm, this is where the good stuff is at. I have seen Mommy get vegetables from here, and Sister get Ice Cream, can this be it. Have I found the pot of gold?
I am going to figure out a way to get in here. I can do, I think I can, I think I can.
Why are you holding out Mommy!!! I am ready for the good stuff!
I am going to figure out a way to get in here. I can do, I think I can, I think I can.
Why are you holding out Mommy!!! I am ready for the good stuff!




No comments:
Post a Comment