Well, here is where my brain started thinking,(I know, don't hurt myself) if he is in Africa, who is living in the house (we saw cars in the driveway), who is going to show me the house? So I then came up with a million more totally normal question, but great concerns. I emailed this person back, without giving any information about me, my family and asked him all of these question. A few of them were in the area of which church he was affiliated with, how long, when he was going to come back to the states, and so on. I then said, "when I get some of these questions answered I would then immediately send in our application." I was following my gut and it really was saying, NO!
Well, I had then had several cups of coffee and it was only 5 a.m., time to get plenty more done before Bryce was awake. But, something made me sit at the computer a little longer and just do a google search for a Pastor Scott B. in the area. Let me tell you, it didn't take but a minute and there was his name with a church not too far away. I then set it aside and started getting ready for the day and ready to pick Papa Jack and Grandma Ginny up from their month away in Colorado at the airport. As the day passed and Bryce was down for her nap, I checked my email again and there was another email from Pastor Scott B. stating that the current people in the house are moving out as we speak. The only thing I had to do was send the first months rent $1200, plus a security deposit of $800 and the keys would be shipped to me by DHL with a tracking number and the house was ours.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Going to the Airport
I think that I should really look into becoming a Private Eye or maybe something of that nature. As I had told you about the 2nd great house we found and the email that I sent to see it, let's just say, the door slammed shut again. But this time, it was not all God's doing, it was part of this sick and evil world that we live in. Let me see if I can tell this story without it taking too long. I received and email back and the person explained that he was a Pastor and currently doing God's work in Africa. He then explained that he really wanted someone to rent his home out and care for it like it was their own. The next step was that I just needed to fill out the application, (totally normal questions) and get it back to him ASAP.
UMM!!! I may not be the smartest little cookie, but give me some credit. That is when I picked up the phone and called the church where I believed I would find Pastor Scott B. and I did. He answered the phone, I asked his last name, and if he lived at the address that I looked at. He said "yes, why"? I told him my story and he then explained, that I was not the first. Yes, his house is for rent but for a real house payment of $2400. He then told me that someone was taking his information off of another site, changing it to meet their needs and then posting it onto craigslist. With that, another door shut, but thanks to the guidance of God and a not so dumb little me. Oh yeah, I would NEVER send someone money in the mail like that, NEVER! Hope everyone learns from my story that we have some really sick people in the world.
After a short little nap, Bryce didn't mind being woken, we were off to the airport. She was so excited to have Papa Jack and Grandma Ginny home, we all are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment