Sunday, August 24, 2008

Go, Angels, Go!!!

Today was Alan's company picnic, we are so beyond glad and thankful that he is still an employee of K & S Air Conditioning. Over the last few weeks, more than 30 guys have been laid off. What a sad situation for all of them and their families. We pray that they will all find work soon, very soon.

As we arrived in the parking lot, with the sun beating down, I was not sure how long we were going to be there. Have you seen my little pastie white daughter? I coated her with sunscreen before we left the house, but you really need to keep an eye on little ones like that. Bryce and I shook hands and met all the "big wigs" and all of daddy's friends, all such nice and welcoming people. As we stood in the parking lot with all of them, Bryce kept saying, "let's go, let's go". So to finally grant her wish, we did. She was then entering her first baseball game, a true honor, a great family past time, a treasured moment for many die hard baseball fans...entering the gates of the Angels home stadium. Oh, and at that point it was only 90+ in the shade. The Anaheim Angels vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Here is my ticket. The ticket man was so accommodating. He asked if I wanted a picture of her coming thru the turn buckle and told me to go ahead. He must be a true moment catcher like me. Thank you! Where here Cousin Rebekah, and thinking of you so. We wish you were here with us!
Momma, is that it? It that a baseball game? Can I play?
Without a doubt who could go to a game with out eating a hot dog? Bryce, this is one of America's favorite past times, enjoy!
...and so she did.
Our seats where in the sun and so of course we needed to take a break in the shade. Poor little sweaty bug, you are a trooper. Great job!!! After most of the game, we found seats in the shade, it was a wonderful way too end the game.
Bryce loved all the songs and the clapping. Most of the time she was wiggling her hips. What a treat and joy to watch her experience this great event.
So, Bryce and Alan took a little break from the sun and then there was an addition to our family when they came back. Can you say."I've got Daddy wrapped around my finger?" Bryce had her first "rally monkey" a true pink addition to the family.
It was late in the game, but a few home runs were hit by the Angels and so the fireworks exploded. That caught Bryce totally off guard as you can see with the little hand over her mouth. Great way to catch up and keep the fire going Angels.
You know how there are people on the field and they shoot those cannons in the air....well, we were the lucky recipients of an Angel T-shirt. Yeah!!! Bryce thought it was the greatest thing next to her monkey and the $50 bucks that Daddy won in a raffle for work. It was a great first experience for us and a definite do again. That last time that Alan and I were at a game, I didn't know that I was pregnant, but I was with Bryce. We enjoyed ourselves then, just as much as we did today. We can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

Sally said...

How fun...it seems that we would get to a baseball game about once a year..Kinda hard here in Montana, no pro baseball around :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! Bryce, you have the makings of a true Angels' fan! You are so cute with your little t-shirt, rally monkey, and hot dog! I hope you had a fantastic time, little one!