Friday, February 13, 2009

A Warm Treat

Bryce spent a wonderful day at Auntie Ann's today (THANKS ANN!). When she got home, Bryce was carrying, her first Starbucks. How old is she? No worries, it was just hot chocolate, but how fun is that? With as early as we have been getting up, I need Starbucks in the morning, but I don't think that they deliver bedside. It was a great treat to have on this stormy day and a great way to end a great time playing with Charlotte. ~Baby Update~

I know that many of you hang on the edge of you seats for this weekly update, so I will not make you wait any longer. This weeks visit was great and not so great. The not so great part was that, my entire time in the Dr's office was 20 minutes. There was no other patients and I had all the attention. Why, you ask am I complaining about this, well that meant my weekly and only outing was cut way short. But, I was able to see the little bean sprout doing a great little dance and waving his/her arms all around. My breath is always taken away at the sight of this great miracle. The baby is measuring right on track and looks great. I only have one blood pool this week, but it has doubled in size. The Dr. is not concerned at this point with it affecting the baby because it is behind the baby. He is keeping a close watch on both of us. We may be starting another injection, a very painful one in the next few weeks. I am not looking forward to that at all as I already feel like a pin cushion with the 2 a day I have. He just doesn't want anything to happen to this baby, nor do we.

I have been in bed for 3 weeks and still have about 2 more months to go. There are several ways that we could use your prayers...
1) That I can find a peace within myself about having to stay in bed and letting others do the things that need to be done, here at home, for Alan, for Midge and most of all for my Bryce.
2) For continued protection for this little one and strength to keep growing as he/she is.
3) For calmness, in new challenges for me. I was told by the Dr. to keep calm and keep my blood pressure under control as this could affect the baby. We are experiencing new challenges with Bryce (not sleeping, not listening, acting out, basically being a 3 year old) and it is very hard for me to discipline her or have her take me seriously when I have to stay in bed. So when these challenges arise, I have to get up to enforce them and that defeats the purpose of being in bed.
4) For patience for my family as staying in bed and not doing my duties, makes me a cranky person.


No comments: