Thursday, February 19, 2009

Reality and Baby Update

With each day that passes, it looks more and more like Bryce is going to have the sibling that she has dreamed of. Alan and I were talking tonight and we still CAN'T believe that we are going to have another baby. We are staying very guarded as I have said before, and just are not ready to be full heartily all there yet. I am sure that most understand with all that we have been through in the past. We are also trying to protect Bryce as much as we can, until we know it is safe. But, is there really anytime in this journey that it is really safe? For now we will keep our little secret and enjoy each day. But, I will admit, I am working on a very fun and educational way to tell Bryce this great secret. It is going to be so great.

~~~ Baby Update~~~
There is something very frustrating about a FULL waiting room when you arrive to your appointment. What is it? Let me tell you, a VERY long wait. Most of us there, know that our time will come for delivery and we will be making other people wait, but that only brings a little comfort. I knew that the Dr. had a 12:30 surgery and that our friend Harmonie was in labor at a hospital across town (she also is a patient of my Dr.)and that there was probably going to be a long wait, a very long wait. After over 2 1/2 hours after what was suppose to be my appointment time, I was called back. What happened next made up for all the waiting.
I enjoyed having my 6th ultrasound and Alan's second that he was able to be apart of. We were able to see that out of the two blood pools that had been there last week, that only one was left. The one that was left had also shrunk down to 1/2 of what it was. This is wonderful news!!! We also were able to spend several long moments watching our little blessing moving around on the ultrasound. I am pretty sure or at least I think I am, that I may have seen additional parts on this little one. For now, it is all guessing and we will know in a few short weeks.
I have graduated to having my appointments two weeks apart, which is good and bad. The bad is, that my one little weekly outing is gone. But good, because we are feeling very comfortable with the health of the baby and I to let us go two weeks between appointment. So, it is back to bed for us, where I have spent the last month. Yes, one whole month is already gone. Yeah!!!

Thank you for your continued prayers!

Here are the latest pictures of this little blessing showing off all of his/her little limbs. So cute!

No comments: