For several hours this morning it was just Kendall and I. Bryce was still getting her beauty sleep and the house was quiet. Each time that I am holding Kendall while she is on my bed, she looks up and stays totally focused on the paintings on the wall. It never fails, if she laying on my bed or on my shoulder, that is where her eyes go for long periods of time.
It is so special in several ways and most will not understand. But, I have these two beautiful oil paintings that I cherish. I cherish them just as my Grandma Dorothy did. When they were moving from their Miles home, they sold a lot of their things. Well, since I was a little girl, I had admired these paintings that hung by the entry way door. When I knew that the money I would pay for these paintings would help them out, I knew that two hearts would be filled at that time. I have hung these painting over my bed in each home that I have had since. Kendall will not get a chance to meet Grandpa Louie and Grandma Dorothy till she is in Heaven (a very long time from now). So watching her enjoy the colors and admiring something that they loved, just makes it feel like they are here enjoying her too. 
After a great quiet morning, we decided to go to the park for a little while. With the wind blowing and the temperature rising, I almost changed my mind. But, I decided since we are only 2 blocks away, lets get out of the house even if for only a little while.
Kendall enjoyed a great little nap and was sheltered from the wind in her stroller. Bryce didn't mind the wind and filled her heart with time in the sand. Me, well I enjoyed watching my two girls while looking at the beautiful trees surrounding me, took a deep breath and thanked God for the day.

Kendall enjoyed a great little nap and was sheltered from the wind in her stroller. Bryce didn't mind the wind and filled her heart with time in the sand. Me, well I enjoyed watching my two girls while looking at the beautiful trees surrounding me, took a deep breath and thanked God for the day.




1 comment:
Melissa what blessing you have! The picture of Kendall in the stroller, wearing purple sleeping is my absolute FAVORITE. I love it. Next time I make it to cali, no matter what, we WILL make time to get together. I miss talking with you but I love knowing you are busy with 2 precious little girls. Have a good day! :)
Post a Comment