Once I was at the Dr., I was hooked up to the NST machine. As soon as they hooked me up, we noticed that I was having contractions. That balling up, was not what I though, it was a contraction. While I was having the test, they started coming every couple of minutes. The Dr came in right away and decided to check me. I was dilated to 2. I was shocked!!! Then I started with 101 questions. The first one was, what are we going to do? Baby girl was still sitting in a transverse position. So we started talking about a c-section and then he said, let's go do an ultrasound and see. To our surprise, baby girl is in the head down position, yahoooooo!!! He wanted me to stay for a few minutes to see if the contractions remanded (they did) and then it was go time. He said, I would know when it was time to go to the hospital or to come back in the afternoon to be checked again. I then started a million and one phone calls. The first was to get Alan on the road home since he was over an hour away.
After a few hours at home and continued contractions, it started setting in, today might be the day. We then headed off to kiss on our Bryce before we headed back to the Dr.'s. We took Bryce a little goodie bag full of fun things and loved on her. We then told her she was going to have her first sleep over. The jumping and squeals began. We took a few last minute photo's and we were off.
Monday, August 10, 2009
The Day?
This morning as I was getting ready, I noticed that my tummy was sticking out so much. I thought it was rather funny and had to take a not so great picture of myself. Then it was time to go. Bryce was headed out with Grandma Ginny and I was headed to the Dr. for my weekly check-up. As I was driving, I noticed that baby girl was balling up and trying to crawl out of my skin. This had happened a few other times in the morning too.
I love you baby sister!
After we left Bryce, we headed back to the Dr's for another check. The contractions were about 2 minutes apart, but I felt it was not time to go to the hospital yet. As we were checked out at the Dr's the contractions stayed regular, but were not really productive. I am dilated to 3 cm and am in what they call early labor. Sure, whatever!!! The Dr said, it could happen in a few minutes or a few days, and he is sure, I won't make it much further. Each day that baby can stay safe and sound is better for her since we are only 35 weeks. So we decided to go to get a few things that we still needed at Babies R Us. The contractions were staying and it was getting harder to walk, but I was determined. We then went to Target to do some more walking and looking around. With how hard and frequent the contractions were coming, I was sure it would be time to go soon. We then headed out for dinner, with the company of contractions that were every 1-4 minutes. Was I going to make it to the hospital if this kept up? I was really beginning to wonder, if I would really know when it was time. We then decided to head home and see what was going to happen. We got home, walked twice around the block and then sat down on the couch. That is when the nesting really kicked in and I couldn't sit there anymore. I started doing this and that to stay busy and then I found myself in Bryce's room. That is where the tears started for the first time. My Bryce Bear was having her first sleep over and I was really missing her. I knew she would be fine, and I would too. About 11:00 we decided to try to get some sleep, and see if we would make it through the night. I was still having contractions, just not as frequent. I did sleep for about 2 hours, and then the worst of them yet began. Just when I thought it was time to go, they stopped.But just a little while longer and they started agian, just not so intense. I was exhausted!!! Maybe I should change that too I AM exhausted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment