Thursday, March 25, 2010

Task Completed!

For about 5 or 6 months, we have been telling Bryce that we would take her to Disneyland for her birthday (January 20th). We decided since times are hard to have her help in learning the true value of a dollar and how great it is to save. We started with a glass jar and then Grandma Cathy made her this wonderful can. No matter where the change came from, pockets, chores, gifts, the couch, the change was hers. She gladly placed it in that can. Well, it didn't work for us to take Bryce to Disneyland for her birthday, but she knew it was going to happen. It just so happened to happen now, tommorrow. This morning I got a call from Alan that there was no work tomorrow, and well, it just so happens to be my 37th birthday. Well, I work on Friday's for Andrea and watch Charlie. So, I made a quick phone call, and we were all covered. Holy cow....we are going to Disneyland!!!
Tonight, I took Bryce to the machine, we cashed in her money and she then bought her own ticket to Disneyland and had money to spare for something special. She was so excited she was telling everyone at the store, we are going to Disneyland for my Mom's birthday...tomorrow, get your rest. What a funny girl!

The can!!!

The task completed! Her ticket!

Kendall, you are 7 months old, you are a Rollie pollie and you are going to Disneyland. WHAT?

What hair bow will I wear? How many bubbles should I accent these lips with?

Oh Daddy, you are making me blush!!!

If there is shrimp on the BBQ, you know that Momma's birthday is here!!!

1 comment:

Gib said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!!! Have fun at Disneyland. Good job saving your money Bryce.

Love, Marilyn and Gib