Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby Steps!!!

When you know that your little baby is going to be your last, you don't let them grow up too fast. You take baby steps. That is exactly what I have done with Kendall. Here we are one week until she turns 7 months and tonight, she slept in her own room for the first time. I have enjoyed all the time with her sleeping right next to me. I must admit, it makes the waking in the night a whole lot easier too. But, the time has come and she is getting too big for the bassinet.
So, taking baby steps, I placed her in her crib tonight and prayed that I would not chicken out. She looked so peaceful and cozy. She was going to be fine, was I? Yes! We survived!!! Kendall woke up once at 3:30, and I feed her in my bed where we fell back to sleep till 5 o'clock. I then picked her up and had her finish sleeping in her crib. She woke up at 7:30 and I heard the raspberries being blown and a little cooing at her choochie. When I walked in with my camera in hand, she was all smiles. I think she was ready for her next adventure in life, her own room.

No comments: