As Alan got up and was getting ready for work, I walked him onto the front porch and showed him the rain. Guess what that means...no work. So we walked back in and enjoyed a slow morning. Both girls slept in rather late and it was so great. There were no real plans for the day, except to make 6 dozen cookie for the cookie exchange tomorrow. With the perfect weather and a eagerness to enjoy it, we enjoyed the day.
There were great naps...
...and fires in the fireplace. The cookies were baked, the laundry was done, books were read, garage doors were broken, and a big pot of Chicken Tortilla soup for dinner. It was a great rainy day and we loved it. As I am typing this the news is in the back ground with the forecast of only 2 more days of rain and then we are back into the 70's. Ugh!!! Come on rain, I want to take Bryce in the backyard to jump in the puddles and she just needs a few more days.
It was a great day!!!
...and fires in the fireplace. The cookies were baked, the laundry was done, books were read, garage doors were broken, and a big pot of Chicken Tortilla soup for dinner. It was a great rainy day and we loved it. As I am typing this the news is in the back ground with the forecast of only 2 more days of rain and then we are back into the 70's. Ugh!!! Come on rain, I want to take Bryce in the backyard to jump in the puddles and she just needs a few more days.
It was a great day!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment