How come the sleeping hours of Christmas Eve night just go by so quickly? I know it is because we stay up playing a different role for our children, but most nights there is a reason we are up anyway. Maybe it is because of all the built up excitement that we have for our children for the next morning. No matter the reason...let the fun begin.
It all started with Kendall deciding to be up early. We enjoyed a little coffee and a lot of time wondering when Bryce was going to wake. Once she made a little peep, we all scampered to watch the excitement.
With sleep dirt still in her eyes, her hair looking like she was in the 80's, she stopped and grabbed on to the banister. She then said, "Oh my gosh!! Oh, my gosh! Let's get a closer look!" 

...and that is what we did. She ran between her umbrella, the high chair for Karleigh and quick spins on her scooter. The excitement was bouncing off the walls. 
After the big gifts were adored, it was time to get Kendall involved in the fun. Bryce sat on the floor with Kendall and I. She then told Kendall that she had bought her a present and wrapped it herself. She was so proud. Bryce then helped Kendall unwrap the special gift. How awesome, a givers heart for her sister, so young. Love it!!! After a few moments pondering this, I flash forward to next year at this time...Kendall will be walking and into everything, Bryce will almost be 5, will it be the same sisterly love? 

After over an hour of unwrapping, playing and soaking it all in...it was time to get ready. We were hosting Christmas at our house. Clothes were changed, the turkey was stuffed, and cooking. Kendall was in the first of many outfits for the day as she napped and Bryce rode around the house for the millionth time on her new scooter. 
With all the hustle and bustle that they could help do, Alan, Bryce and Kendall sat down for a little game playing before everyone else arrived.


...and that is what we did. She ran between her umbrella, the high chair for Karleigh and quick spins on her scooter. The excitement was bouncing off the walls. 
After the big gifts were adored, it was time to get Kendall involved in the fun. Bryce sat on the floor with Kendall and I. She then told Kendall that she had bought her a present and wrapped it herself. She was so proud. Bryce then helped Kendall unwrap the special gift. How awesome, a givers heart for her sister, so young. Love it!!! After a few moments pondering this, I flash forward to next year at this time...Kendall will be walking and into everything, Bryce will almost be 5, will it be the same sisterly love? 

After over an hour of unwrapping, playing and soaking it all in...it was time to get ready. We were hosting Christmas at our house. Clothes were changed, the turkey was stuffed, and cooking. Kendall was in the first of many outfits for the day as she napped and Bryce rode around the house for the millionth time on her new scooter. 
With all the hustle and bustle that they could help do, Alan, Bryce and Kendall sat down for a little game playing before everyone else arrived.
Maybe I need another nap!
I told Alan, the first one to arrive was snapping a picture of us. I knew that it was not going to be the picture that I wanted, I was feeling rushed, I had changed the girls 3 times each do to this an that and well. It was more for Kendall, to show her first Christmas. Thanks to Papa Jack, I got a great picture. Thank you!
Bryce loves when people come over and for some reason they always end up in "her corner." It is a great place to be and the fun is never ending.
Grandma Ginny and Lawson
Mike and Sammie
What a beautiful smile!
There was a chill in the air, but bundled up...outside time was a must. 
It was a great and wonderful day. There were so many pictures that I missed, but that is what happens when you are the mother to a nursing child, the hostess, the photographer and so much more. No kidding at one time, I was being called out of the kitchen and into two rooms, all with people wanting pictures taken. I did get a few that I will cherish forever.
What a beautiful smile!
There was a chill in the air, but bundled up...outside time was a must. 
It was a great and wonderful day. There were so many pictures that I missed, but that is what happens when you are the mother to a nursing child, the hostess, the photographer and so much more. No kidding at one time, I was being called out of the kitchen and into two rooms, all with people wanting pictures taken. I did get a few that I will cherish forever. 









No comments:
Post a Comment