Friday, January 16, 2009

A Little Story

I want to share a little story with you. I told this story to our sweet Audra this week, and thought it was the perfect story to share with all of you. Bare with me, I am not the writer that my cousin Bethany is in anyway, though I do wish I was. So here goes...

When you are young, or even middle age, you dream about falling in love. You dream about finding that special person, the one that God has planned for you. The person, that will share your hopes, dreams, fears, and love forever. You try so hard to find it, you just wish it would happen and it doesn't. Everyone tells you, be patient, live your life today and when you least expect it, you will find your love. That goes without saying for many things in our lives. We are not in the driver seat, God is.

Well, this is where I bet that I have your attention, I bet you are so eager to know what happens next in my story.

Sometimes in life, you are thrown a curve ball. One that was not even on your radar. That is where we are today....

...we found out several weeks ago, that I am carrying our 12th child. Yes, you read that right and that is why Bryce is so much of a MIRACLE. So, we ask you to pray for us and this little one. Pray that we will find strength to be on this journey again, pray that this little one will bless us with his/hers presence here on earth. Pray that I stay out of bed so that it doesn't put a strain on my family, or me. Just pray!!! We never thought that we would be doing this again, heck, I just gave everything away! But that is a small matter, compared to the matter of the protection of this little one that I carry.

We started all the medications (my tummy is black and blue already), over a week ago. We saw our wonderful Dr. last night, and we even saw the baby, heart beating away and all. I will be going back each week for more care and ultrasounds. So look for more updates to follow.Thanks for being the great and wonderful family that you are. We love you so much and are so blessed to have you in our lives.

We are keeping this little secret from Bryce for a while, just to be safe. But when that special days does come to share it with her, oh that is going to be the greatest.

3 comments:

GCO DR Team 2015 said...

I am on my knees now, my dear Melissa!

Sally said...

Lots of love and prayers from Montana.

Erika said...

I'm praying for peace for you and another little miracle for your family!