We are so glad that you have decided to continue to watch the adventurous life of Bryce as it unfolds. It is so hard to even believe that I have been doing this for over a year and a half. What fun it has been and I pray that I will always be able to do this. Here are a few pictures of our little love from today! She was such a great help in the kitchen tonight. We made one of our favorite new recipes, Caramelized Butternut Squash. It is so yummy!!! Try it! 


Ta da'~ it ready to bake in the oven.
Here is the recipe:
2 medium butternut squash (4 to 5 pounds total)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut off and discard the ends of each butternut squash. Peel the squash, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2- inch cubes and place them on a baking sheet. Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper. With clean hands, toss all the ingredients together and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 45 to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize. While roasting, turn the squash a few times with a spatula, to be sure it browns evenly. Taste for seasonings and serve hot.
I have been cutting the chunks into smaller pieces and it has only been taking about 20 minutes, so depending on the size- watch the oven closely.
2 medium butternut squash (4 to 5 pounds total)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut off and discard the ends of each butternut squash. Peel the squash, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2- inch cubes and place them on a baking sheet. Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper. With clean hands, toss all the ingredients together and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 45 to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize. While roasting, turn the squash a few times with a spatula, to be sure it browns evenly. Taste for seasonings and serve hot.
I have been cutting the chunks into smaller pieces and it has only been taking about 20 minutes, so depending on the size- watch the oven closely.
Our Prayers are with you Charlie B. and with you Cheryl P. (both had surgery today). We pray that they both have a fast recovery and we are here for you if you need anything.
Also say your Prayers for us, 15 people were laid off at Alan's work today-hope he is not next. It also looks like I will not be doing what I wanted this school year ( getting a degree in Criminal Justice- part-time), and I will be returning to the work force. This is horrible...not that I don't want to help support my family, but leaving my Bryce. My heart is breaking...




1 comment:
Love the new page! :)
Post a Comment